Sonoma State University
36th Annual Planning Commissioners Conference
Saturday, February 1, 2020
For Commissioners, Elected Officials, Professional Staff, and Community Members
Presented by Sonoma State’s Department of Geography, Environment, and Planning;Center for Sustainable Communities; and Student Planning AssociationCo-Sponsored by the American Planning Association, Northern Calif. Section
Location: Ballroom B/C/D, Student Center, Sonoma State University
Parking: Parking is included. Please enter the campus from the south entrance on East Cotati Avenue and enter Lot D, the closest general lot to our venue, where a student assistant will hand you your parking pass. This lot has disabled parking as well as two slots for recharge parking of electric and hybrid vehicles.
Schedule: Check-in, Continental Breakfast 8:30am – 9:00am/ Conference 9:00am – 1:00pm
Wildfire and land use planning: where do we go from here?
- Max Moritz, PhD, Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, UC Santa Barbara
- Erik de Kok, Senior Planner, Governor’s Office of Planning and Research
- Pete Parkinson, Past President, American Planning Association California Chapter Former Director, Sonoma County Permit and Resource Management Dept.
- Tom Jacobson, Professor, Sonoma State University Dept. of Geography, Environment, and Planning and Director, Center for Sustainable Communities
Evolving state and local roles in housing: recent legislation and some predictions for the future
- Barbara Kautz, Partner, Goldfarb & Lipman, LLP
Local planning to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Terry Rivasplata, Technical Director, ICF
The Dan Curtin Land Use Law Lecture: Property rights and planning for natural hazards
- Tom Jacobson, Professor, Sonoma State University Dept. of Geography, Environment, and Planning
Cost: $85 per person - course materials and continental breakfast included
AICP CM Credit: For American Institute of Certified Planners members, please note there are 4.0 CM credits, including 1.5 Law credits, pending
Registration: Registration is available online through the SSU Box Office and ends January 24, 2020. If registering multiple attendees, please list all attendee’s names, positions, and city/agency.