Welcome to the Department of Geography, Environment, and Planning (GEP). Over the past three years we have combined our Geography and Environmental Studies and Planning departments to create a new, more robust and flexible Geography and Environment degree. Our department's mission is to promote excellence in teaching and research through five areas of focus:
- Understanding human-environment conflict and collaboration
- Building resilience with environmental systems
- The application of geospatial and quantitative analyses to solve complex environmental and societal problems
- Designing resource-resilient and socially just communities
- Planning urban spaces for sustainability
We prepare students for careers in environmental professions, for graduate studies, and for their role as informed and thoughtful global citizens.